Thursday, April 28, 2011

This journey.

We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way.

Sometimes I need a reminder. 
Raising Mallory is not what I planned to do,
but it was what I was destined to do. 
I wouldn't have life without her. 
She has taught me so much.
The gravity of Smith-Magenis Syndrome sometimes shadows over the joys.  It is so easy to get lost in this vicious cycle. 
To start to doubt.  To wonder.  To fear.
But in the end, God gave us to Mallory.  
To protect her. To love her. 
To allow her to grow despite circumstance.  
I am the one she wants when she is tired, sick, in need.  ME.
I am her mother.  I know my daughter best.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment