Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What was I thinking?


Mallory is scheduled for surgery today.  Last week when I spoke to the Nurse Practioner at the Orthopaedic Surgeon's Office, I was confident that we needed the earliest possible surgery time.  I mean, who would want to manage Mallory fasting through the morning let alone waiting all day on surgery.  CrAzY!  So, we set Mallory's surgery for the first of the day.   I quietly praised myself for my wise decision. 

Well this morning at 3:45 a.m., I found that my decision was not so wise.  What was I thinking?  Who in there right mind gets up at this time and drives to K.C.?  We managed to leave the house in decent time,  the drive wasn't all too bad, but I was tired. 

I'm pretty sure I saw a zebra just outside of Topeka.  I had to rub my eyes and refocus to make sure it was so.

A coffee and potty break and we continued on for our 7:30 arrival at the hospital. 

I had figured that Mallory would sleep the entire way to K.C.  I was wrong.  She jabbered about her surgery the whole way.  My ears were bleeding by the time we got to the hospital.

We met my parents at the hospital and now the wait begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment