Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On My Soap Box.......And then back off again.

Raising a daughter like Mallory is challenging to say the least.
Constantly navigating the world of Smith Magenis Syndrome gives me a major headache.
Makes me long for a hot bath and a cold drink.
All the hoops to jump.
The constant scrutiny.
Some days I just want to curl up in a corner.
Meetings upon meetings. Questions upon questions.
Everybody has input, but sometimes you wonder if they really "get it". It's always easier being the arm chair quarterback, never having to throw a pass.
I want to scream "Walk a day in my shoes and then tell me what you think!"
There are days that I wonder if I have made the right choice, spent the right amount of time, did the right thing by Mallory.
It all can make a girl cRaZy!


Today, I received the nicest compliment. Totally unexpected in my inbox. It made my day!

"Praise God for Mallory!!! She is a wonderful kid! I see the great strides she has made from last year to this year. :) She is amazing!!! You are amazing too!!! Your love for Mallory radiates! :)"


Sometimes all it takes is a compliment, a pat on the back, a smile.......I've learned that parents need that positive reinforcement too.

No comments:

Post a Comment